Thursday, December 19, 2013

Five Basic Elements

The five elements in most ancient pagan cultures are the air, earth, water, fire and void. Each of the elements has a specific aspect associated with it. Fire can destroy and also build. It can also change something to another type. It has force therefore has to be contained. It is used to symbolize courage, strength zeal. In me, it signifies the hidden power that is within me that can be used in transforming any situation affecting me and also getting rid of any negativity about doubting the potential that is within me. The earth is used to symbolize the mother who sustains life through being generous with its resources in order to nurture all life on it. When I look around and see how much the earth bestows for us, am just inspired to share my resources with the less fortunate.

Water in most cultures signifies clarity, healing, purity and psychisim. In me, it signals that there is the ability within me of remaining true to my principles. Air is given the attribute of movement, refreshment and energy in most cultures. These attributes add in me the zeal to always step out of my comfort zone and seek better areas of improving my situation. The most vital of all these elements is balance. All these elements when they are in balance, their behavior can be established but when they are not, their behavior becomes unpredictable (Kotelnikov, 2008). 

When we fail to plan our lives in a balanced manner and overindulge in areas that do not add value to our life, our lives can become uncontrollable and unpredictable just like these five elements. All these elements interact between themselves in a series of cycles that are either destructive or productive. We should learn to embrace the fact that there will be destructive cycles and productive ones in this life in order to be well prepared to handle of all them well when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment